Waikiki Get Down - Honolulu, Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Mayor's Order 2020-22 - Restrictions Placed In City Parks Due To COVID-19 Surge
Restrictions placed in City parks due to COVID surge
Mayor's Order 2020-22 provides guidance for updated restrictions at public facilities
O‚ÄėAHU -- Restrictions outlined in Mayor Caldwell's Emergency Order 2020-22 have resulted in the reinstatement of some Honolulu Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) facility restrictions due to a surge in O‚Äėahu COVID-19 cases.
Most notably, Order 2020-22 does not allow for indoor or outdoor social gatherings to exceed 10 people, with face coverings and physical distancing requirements. This will result in the following procedures being implemented by DPR effective immediately:
- New picnic permits will not be issued, including no new permits for use of inflatable structures in parks (commonly referred to as "bouncy houses"). Previously approved picnic permits will be honored. A picnic permit is required for any large event.
- DPR will continue to permit for outdoor team sports events, which allow for up to 100 people to attend the event including athletes, coaches, and spectators. These events are not meant to be social gatherings, and participants are expected to leave the park once their event is complete while wearing facial coverings and physically distancing.
- Outdoor social gathering limitations do apply to all areas in the City and County of Honolulu including beaches and other City park locations. Beaches may only be used half an hour before sunrise and half an hour after sunset, unless being used for fishing or permitted outdoor exercise, per Mayor's Order. Regular City park closure hours remain in effect.
- Other outdoor facilities and DPR functions previously reopened / reinstated will continue with the above-mentioned restrictions. These include the: Honolulu Botanical Gardens, People's Open Markets, Community Gardens, Koko Head Shooting Complex, archery ranges, campgrounds, playgrounds, City pools, dog parks and exercise equipment.
- Permitted camping in designated City campgrounds remains available. However, DPR is reminding the public that campgrounds already have a 10-person limitation per campsite in the camping rules. If large gatherings occur in City campgrounds, they may be closed again, so please respect this rule.
- Indoor City park facilities such as gymnasiums, recreation buildings, and meeting rooms remain closed except for government functions, which include Neighborhood Board Meetings. Previously opened comfort stations (bathrooms) remain open on their regular schedule, unless closed to address maintenance issues.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
Check out things to do in Waikiki, Hawaii on the calendar of events.
- News and Newsletters
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in the Waikiki, Hawaii community.
- Waikiki, Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Waikiki has to offer.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Waikiki, Hawaii Community More...
- Waikiki, Hawaii Coupons & Discounts
Save money in Waikiki, Hawaii with these coupons.
- About Waikiki - Honolulu Hawaii
Learn about Waikiki, Hawaii.
- About Waikiki Get Down.com
Learn about WaikikiGetDown.com website and its creator.