Waikiki Get Down - Honolulu, Hawaii
Event Calendar Item
Waikiki-Kapahulu Public Library - It's Book Time with Ronald McDonald - HPLS Children's Summer Reading Program
Date: Thursday - 6/27/2013
Waikiki - Kapahulu Public Library
400 Kapahulu Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96816
Phone: (808) 733-8488
Ronald McDonald will offer a fun-filled interactive performance featuring a creative blend of music, magic and games to reinforce the idea that reading is fun, and books play an important part of every day. In addition, Ronald will emphasize appropriate library use and the proper care of books.
McDonald's Restaurants of Hawaii is sponsoring this special 30-minute event which is suitable for children of all ages. All children must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver.
See "It's Book Time with Ronald McDonald!" at these Oahu libraries:
- May 28, 10:30 a.m. - Kalihi-Palama Public Library (tel. 832-3466)
- May 30, 10:30 a.m. - Kaneohe Public Library (tel. 233-5676)
- June 1, 10:30 a.m. - Liliha Public Library (tel. 587-7577)
- June 3, 10:30 a.m. - Kapolei Public Library (tel. 693-7050)
- June 4, 10 a.m. - Waianae Public Library (tel. 697-7868)
- June 7, 10:30 a.m. - Ewa Beach Public & School Library (tel. 689-1204)
- June 8, 10:30 a.m. - Aina Haina Public Library (tel. 377-2456)
- June 10, 1 p.m. - Pearl City Public Library (tel. 453-6566)
- June 14, 10:30 a.m. - Salt Lake-Moanalua Public Library (tel. 831-6831)
- June 18, 10:30 a.m. - Aiea Public Library (tel. 483-7333)
- June 20, 10:30 a.m. - Waimanalo Public & School Library (tel. 259-2610)
- June 22, 11 a.m. - Manoa Public Library (tel. 988-0459)
- June 25, 10:30 a.m. - McCully-Moiliili Public Library (tel. 973-1099)
- June 27, 1 p.m. - Waikiki-Kapahulu Public Library (tel. 733-8488)
- June 28, 2:30 p.m. - Waipahu Public Library (tel. 675-0358)
- July 2, 10:30 a.m. - Hawaii Kai Public Library (tel. 397-5833)
- July 3, 10:30 a.m. - Kailua Public Library (tel. 266-9911)
The event schedule is subject to change.
Contact the hosting library as soon as possible if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed. For more information about this event or about the 2013 HSPLS Children's Summer Reading Program, please visit www.librarieshawaii.org or call the hosting library.
# # #
ABOUT WAIKIKI - KAPAHULU PUBLIC LIBRARY
The mission of the Hawaii State Public Library System is to provide Hawaii's residents, in all walks of life, and at each stage of their lives, with access to education, information, programs and services, and to teach and nurture the love of reading and the habit of life-long learning.
Tuesday: 10:00AM to 5:00PM
Wednesday: 10:00AM to 5:00PM
Thursday: 12:00PM to 7:00PM
Friday: 10:00AM to 5:00PM
Saturday: 10:00AM to 5:00PM
You may apply for a library card at any Hawaii public library. The initial card is FREE for Hawaii residents. Cards are also free for military personnel and their dependents with a copy of orders. The resident card replacement fee is $5.00. Resident library cards must be renewed every five years. There is no charge for the renewal.
first one free, replacement $5.00
3 weeks for books and CDs
1 week for DVDs/ videos
25 cents per day for all ages for books, CDs, DVDs/videos
$1.00 per week for DVDs and videos
CONNECT FROM HOME:
- Search Catalog
- CDs & DVDs
- electronic databases
- Download eBooks/Audio/Music
- library information
- Free Wi-Fi in the library during business hours. Login using your valid library card number and your PIN (last 4 digits of your phone no.)
- and more!
Internet Computers -- one hour sessions with valid library card
13 internet computers for the public, one w/ ADA accommodations... printing available, donations requested
On person with library material or call 733-8488, then press "0" -- have your library material with you when calling.
Book Drops -- for after business hours -- one by the front door or drive-up book drop in the upper parking lot
Friends of the Kaimuki Library -- support group for the library
-- Members and officers needed
-- Ongoing book sale bookshelf - $1.00 per book
** 20 cents per page
2 Microfilm Reader/Printers
** 15 cents per page
Ongoing Book Sale
** Friends of Kaimuki Library
The Hawaii State Public Library System provides the following enhanced services for library users. Click on the service in which you are interested for more information.
- Books by Mail
- Custom Research
- Interlibrary Loans
- Photocopying and Mailing Documents
- Test Proctoring
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
Powered by MBC CalendarMaker
Events subject to change without notice
- RELATED LINKS
- Waikiki - Kapahulu Public Library
One of the best public resources in Waikiki! The Hawaii State Public Library System provides Hawaii's residents in all walks of life with access to education, information, programs and services.
400 Kapahulu Avenue, Honolulu, HI (View Map)
- Waikiki, Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Waikiki has to offer.
- About Waikiki - Honolulu Hawaii
Learn about Waikiki, Hawaii.
- About Waikiki Get Down.com
Learn about WaikikiGetDown.com website and its creator.
- Feature Sponsors
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Waikiki, Hawaii Community More...
- Waikiki, Hawaii Coupons & Discounts
Save money in Waikiki, Hawaii with these coupons.