Waikiki Get Down - Honolulu, Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
City Parks, Certain Park Facilities, And Beaches Reopening Sept. 10, 2020 - Reopening coincides with Mayor Caldwell's Emergency Order 2020-26
City parks, certain park facilities, and beaches reopening Sept. 10
Reopening coincides with Mayor Caldwell's Emergency Order 2020-26
O‚ÄėAHU -- City parks, botanical gardens, certain park facilities, and beaches will reopen on Thursday, Sept. 10 under their regular hours of operation and for the following limited use as described in Mayor Caldwell's Emergency Order 2020-26:
- Individual activities are allowed in these public areas, including: remaining in place, fishing, walking, running, or biking. Access to the ocean, stand-alone comfort stations, and outdoor showers remains available.
- Group activities are NOT allowed with any number of people regardless of household.
- Community Gardens will reopen to their designated gardeners only.
- Park parking lots, bicycle paths, and the Koko Head Tramway will reopen following their regular schedule.
- People's Open Markets are expected to resume regular operations soon. An exact reopening date will be announced at a later time. Other commercial activities continue to be suspended in parks.
- Other outdoor park facilities remain closed to the public, including: play courts (basketball, tennis, pickleball, volleyball, etc.), pools, playgrounds, exercise equipment, off-leash dog parks, skateparks, archery ranges, and the Koko Head Shooting Complex.
- Indoor park facilities remain closed (for example gymnasiums and recreation rooms)
- City campgrounds remain closed for permitted camping until further notice.
These stipulations are in effect from Thursday, Sept. 10 through Wednesday, Sept. 23 or until this order is extended, rescinded, superseded, or amended by a subsequent order.
The State Department of Land and Natural Resources is expected to announce how this new order impacts the State parks, trails, and their park facilities.
Accommodations are available upon request concerning this announcement for persons with disabilities. Please call (808) 768-3003 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Mahalo and stay healthy.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
Check out things to do in Waikiki, Hawaii on the calendar of events.
- News and Newsletters
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in the Waikiki, Hawaii community.
- Waikiki, Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Waikiki has to offer.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Waikiki, Hawaii Community More...
- Waikiki, Hawaii Coupons & Discounts
Save money in Waikiki, Hawaii with these coupons.
- About Waikiki - Honolulu Hawaii
Learn about Waikiki, Hawaii.
- About Waikiki Get Down.com
Learn about WaikikiGetDown.com website and its creator.